To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. Thomas Edison
Do you want to save time searching for cool new tools and applications to promote and manage your invention and the business you have created to get it to market? Here are just a sampling of time-saving resources, websites, forums and and services for inventors.
- InventNow The mission of Invent Now is to be a catalyst for change through recognizing inventors and invention, promoting creativity, and advancing the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship. Invent Now was founded in 1973 as the National Inventors Hall of Fame, now a supporting organization, with the mission of recognizing and honoring the great inventors of our time. Learn more:http://www.inventnow.org/
- United States Patent and Trademark Office offers a searchable patents database that dates from 1790 to today. You can Learn how patents, trademarks, and copyrights differ and other basic information to get started. Filled with how-to articles on inventing a product, Learn how a federal trademark registration can help you protect your rights to a brand name or logo, and how federal trademark registration will enhance your rights. It’s provides an in-depth resource for any inventor. Go here to learn more: http://www.uspto.gov/
- Download the Famous Inventions & Patents APP for your iPhone You can learn answers to questions such as: “Who was the first person to patent the light bulb, television, camera, plastic, or modern electronics?” Download here for only 99 cents – https://itunes.apple.com/app/famous-inventions-patents/id305921822?mt=8.
- Patent Legal Coach is a reference for small businesses and individual inventors to view patent statutes. View the actual laws governing how to obtain a patent and the application process (search, drawings, claims, and written description – available fordownload in the itudes store for 99 cents). Get it here:https://itunes.apple.com/app/patent-legal-coach/id300756389?mt=8
- Jott Is a simple way to record audio messages on your mobile device. Jott won’t keep you waiting! With instantaneous chats and split-second photo sharing it takes just a moment to share a moment. Jott’s original sticker packs and message hearts make it fun to express yourself. Go here to learn more: http://jott.com/
- Wridea is a web service first to avoid ideas being forgotten, then to organize and improve those ideas by giving you the opportunity to share your ideas with friends and necessary tools to improve your ideas by yourself and individually. find it here:http://wridea.com/
- The National Inventor Fraud Center provides provide information to consumers about invention promotion companies and how people can market their ideas. Check it out here: http://www.inventorfraud.com/
- Sketchup.com is free software that allows you to sketch your invention.
While this is by no means a complete list of inventor resources (you can find a comprehensive listing on our resource pages), it is a great starting point to help you with your Inventor’s Journey. Feel free to add your favorite inventor resource in the comments area below. As we add to this list we will also add it to our upcoming Inventor Resources Handbook.
Get the Inventors Audio Program FREE when you purchase the Inventing Women eBook “How to Capitalize on Your Million Dollar Idea, Its Market Potential and The Path to Profits.” https://inventingwomen.com/how-to-capitalize-on-your-million-dollar-idea-ebook/